Last updated on June 12, 2021
xFi Advanced Security is a new artificial-intelligence-powered service/app for Comcast/Xfinity Internet customers that monitors, blocks, and informs you of online threats to connected devices, and provides seamless digital protection for those devices when connected to their home network.
Having WiFi Coverage issues with your Xfinity Internet?
Are you having WiFi coverage issues in your home or office? Check out this article where I share my success spreading solid WiFi performance end-to-end of my Mom’s 2,700 sq. foot home.
How Much Does xFi Advanced Security Cost?
I would advise any Xfinity (Comcast) customers to download the app onto their mobile devices (phones and tablets). In a nutshell, it will allow you to easily manage your home network and see what devices are currently using it (and how much they use it).
Do you still need Anti-Virus protection on your computer?
Yes! Although I highly recommend Malwarebytes Premium for Mac and PC (also available for Android).
I also recommend using an ad blocker for your web browser. My choice of adblocker is uBlock Origin, which is available for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome (as well as Brave and Opera), and also Microsoft Edge browsers.
Here is the write-up from the iOS app page: “The Xfinity xFi app will change the way you WiFi with a whole new way to personalize and control your home network. With xFi, you can set up your home WiFi and be online in minutes, find your WiFi password, know who’s online, troubleshoot issues, and even pause WiFi access.
Xfinity xFi is available to Xfinity Internet customers with a compatible Xfinity Gateway.”
Key features of xFi Advanced Security:
• Simple, easy setup of your Xfinity Internet service and home WiFi – no Comcast technician required.
• View and change your WiFi name and password.
• See what devices are connected to your home network and give them nicknames for easy reference.
• Create profiles so you can assign devices to your family members.
• Set parental controls and bedtime schedules so your kids see the right content and sleep when they should.
• Pause WiFi access for any device or profile.
• Troubleshoot issues on your own without calling customer service.
• Manage advanced network settings to customize your home network.
• Add xFi Pods to help eliminate deadspots for more consistent, reliable WiFi coverage throughout your home.
• Xfinity Internet subscription with an xFi Wireless Gateway or xFi Advanced Gateway
• Xfinity ID and password